Monday, February 9, 2009

Cowgirls Dont Cry



















I love this song by Brooks & Dunn.

I'm not much of a cowgirl. I love wearing my boots and Sundays are meant for country music. But I don't have that sense of adventure that lives in the hearts of true cowgirls. I am hopeful that Lily has a bit more cowgirl in her.....at least enough to make life interesting! Every night I kiss her hands and say, "I pray these hands touch kind and wonderful people, and these fingers write letters about amazing adventures." Then I kiss her feet and say, "I pray these feet carry you to every place you dream of visiting." And, I always ask God to be there with her every step of the way.

I am finding my cowgirl more and more these days. Lily brings it out in me. And, I am challenging myself in new ways. I keep this postcard by my desk as a reminder that we all have a little cowgirl in us......just enough to get a little rowdy every now and then!

No comments:

Blog Archive