Friday, September 11, 2009

Oh Boy! What a Blessing!


From the time I took the pregnancy test, until yesterday at 4:04 p.m., I was completely convinced that we were having another baby girl. I only thought of baby girl names and how I would wash and reuse Lily's beautiful clothes and blankets. I only thought about two princesses at Halloween and how I would enforce the "girl code of ethics" with a set of sisters. I was convinced.
I am certain that deep, deep down I was hoping for a little boy. But I did not let my heart or imagination go there. Instead, I created a future in my mind of me and my two girls!

Buck, too.

So imagine our surprise when the ultrasound tech landed right on this image.....she didn't even have to go looking for it. There he was, legs open, proving his mama wrong!

My body started to tremble with complete disbelief. "It's a boy!". No.....show me again, and again, and again.

Buck - a smile from ear to ear.

The tech pulled us in from our gloating and carrying-on to remind us that we had other anatomy to look at -- you know, the heart, kidneys, fingers and toes.....all perfect.

We are so excited that our princess Lily will remain queen of the castle, and that a handsome prince will soon join her! We are so blessed to experience the best of both worlds! Sugar and spice & toads, snails and puppy dog tails!

1 comment:

Brook, Dustin, & Madison said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! A Baby Buck!?!?! How Awesome! And how much fun...getting to experience the best of both worlds :) So excited for you guys!

Blog Archive