Monday, June 14, 2010

Blessed

I always feel a little tingle in church. Something about the smell, the music, the time to reflect -- it always gets to me. I cried in mass when I found out I was pregnant with both babies. I cried when the priest blessed my belly. I cried when the church volunteer came to my hospital bed to offer communion before both deliveries. I cried this Sunday during one of the songs. A few of the songs.

But I SMILED when Ben's godparents laid their hands on his body as he was baptized as a child of God. His head smelled of holy oils all day. I hated to wash it off. But I know that the holy spirit lives in his heart now and always. And, that.......well, it makes me cry.












1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful (blessed) children...I love them!

Blog Archive