Thursday, December 11, 2008

A Funny Scene

Wednesday night, 8:15 p.m., Target.
I think to myself, "What am I doing here. I am so tired."

My other self says, "You are here because Lily is asleep and there in no other time in your life to finish your holiday shopping, so move it."

I enter Target, hoping not to see a soul. I'll just creep in, get what I need and creep out.

Target doors open and what to my eyes appear: every mom in St. Petersburg filled with holiday cheer! (he,he)

Seriously, it was like a mommy-get-together at Target last night. The place was packed out with moms doing some post-bedtime shopping (while the dads were home all nestled in their beds!)

And, the other moms looked just like me: a little bit of dinner on their t-shirt, a dab of lip gloss to give the appearance of being pulled-together; carrying a crinkled shopping list that has been buried in the bottom of a purse for weeks! Wondering, "can I skip the list and shop for me?"

Ahhhh! I felt like part of the club. Loving mommyhood. Loving Target!

1 comment:

me said...

Admiring you for being a FAB mommy!!! :-) Happy Holiday shopping! Keep smiling....

Blog Archive