Thursday, July 14, 2011

In a new place

(Buck and kids starting their coin collection)

Aren't we always in a new place? Life doesn't stand still for any of us. Yes, my family is literally in a new place, but no matter the address, everyday seems to bring something new, something to figure out. I am reminding myself to be patient in all this newness. Familiarity and routine will come in time. So will friends and favorite restaurants and a hairdresser I can trust. All in time.

In addition to our new address - that I still have to look up sometimes to remember - the kids bring something new to our world everyday. Lily learning to swim. Ben leaning to talk. And some of my other new favorites:
- kids fighting over toys or chasing the dog in circles around the house
- Lily teaching Ben how to "float" in the bath tub (you have to see it to believe it)
- Ben brushing his teeth and reading "boos" (books)
- Lily coloring masterpieces and trying yoga poses
- Ben rubbing noses with me
- Lily baking muffins
- Ben digging by "bas" in the backyard (bugs)

I never know what I am going to get. Every day is new. And I love it - when I remember to stop and love it!

No comments:

Blog Archive