Monday, July 4, 2011

Change.

Oh, the pressure of writing my first post from our new home in North Carolina....especially tonight, after a long weekend (heck, a long three months!). I come to the computer tonight only because this fourth of July weekend was full of so many moments that I just have to capture somehow and this is the best place I know to record the history of my family.

I owe you tales of our chaotic move and first days of school and work....but I might never to get to that! Instead, I bring you a few pics (more than a few) from our recent celebrations - Fathers Day at the ballpark, grandma's recent visit, a trip to the kid's museum, backyard fun and fourth of July in Blowing Rock.

As the fireworks go off outside the window, I am thankful that this weekend was full of perfect summer moments for the kids -- pink lemonade, homemade blueberry icing, rolling down hills, running across the lawn with fairy wings and magic wands, itchy skin from playing in the grass. All the good stuff. As for mom and dad, we got a few quiet sips of coffee on Grandma's back porch. What more can I ask for?

Happy birthday America








1 comment:

Ginny said...

I am so glad you are back on your blog and I just love the pictures of your new environment. The kids look wonderful as well as Mommy and Dadddy. Say HI to Larry for me and I will continue to follow your blog from time to time.

Love and Blessings,
Ginny Chapman

Blog Archive